Thursday, March 29, 2012

magic socks

The quest for the perfect sock continues...Here is the new Balega Soft Tread in this year's color: PURPLE.  News flash----purple is the "it" color for the coming seasons (who decides this stuff anyways?).  My awesome Balega rep Jordan Kinley hooked me up with a pair of these yesterday during his visit to the new store.  The socks are minimal but with cushion in the important places--heel and forefoot.  They have some nice arch support and are left and right foot specific---notice the perfect fit around my toe box.  But that's not all---what sets this sock apart from the others is a special cotton that has more spring, more bounce, more rebound and thus gives the wearer a bit of something back after hitting the ground.  So multiply that by a thousand times for each foot strike and you have a sock with magic.


How magical were they this morning at 5:00 am during my hill repeats with the Greater Norwood Running Club crazies?   Well, these socks definitely made me lose count of my hills, they made me feel pretty (purple does that) and I really felt connected to my shoes (thin and breathable).  Bounce, rebound, spring---too soon to tell.  I will need to take them for a nice long run on a sunny day.


Look for Balega Soft Tread on the sock wall at Charles River Running this June!

No comments:

Post a Comment