Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Winter Running Tips: Share What You Wear




Baby it's cold out side--and like all the sudden.  I'm not sure how you are feeling, but it seems like these winter temps came on all of the sudden, with not much time for my body to adjust.  So this morning, with the sun shining bright and the iphone reporting 9 degrees in Norwood, I was at a bit of a standstill in front of the closet.  What to wear, what to wear.  We have great intentions right now, streets clear of snow, resolutions to keep, and races to train for.  We need to get out there and we need to dress right.  What layers? How many? What works for you?  Maybe it will work for me too!  And so, like many ideas that come to you while running, this contest was born.  Play along and win a pair of Due North Traction Aids (never slip on the ice again)  Here are the details:

1.  Take photo of yourself with your winter running attire 
2.  Post your photo on FB, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #sharewhatyouwear
3.  You have 10 days to post as many times as you like (Jan 5 -- Jan 15th)

Here's my info for today's run:
Conditions:  on the trail, out of the wind, 9 degrees.  
Duration:  4o minutes.  
Attire:  Brooks Seattle Shell, Mizuno BT Wind Top, Mizuno BT tights, Feetures Merino Elite light cushion, Mizuno BT Beanie, Saucony Run Mit, Skida neckwarmer

What I would have done differently:  used Vasoline on my chin and cheekbones.  I also would have worn a headband under my hat for my earlobes.

What was toasty:  my torso
What was cold:  my thighs, cheekbones and earlobes


1 comment: